Welcome to the Cannon Cruisers Car Club web site – our chance to tell you about our club, our members and our activities. Click on the hot links at the top or right-hand side of the page to learn more or:
- To find out about out annual slate of events, click here Events. For more on upcoming event scroll down.
- To see some of our members’ “rides,” click here.
- To view the most recent newletters/meeting minutes, click here.
- To view archived newsletters/meeting minutes, click here.
- Enjoy the “Rods N’ Roll” jukebox.
- If you want to join or renew your membership in the Cannon Cruisers, you can find info and a printable application form here.
UPCOMING EVENTS – MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Saturday, September 26th, 12noon- 1pm…….. Classic Car Display at St. Pius V Church
- Saturday, October 3rd- Leave city commuter lot at 3pm……. Dinner Cruise to Vino in the Valley, Ellsworth,Wi.
- Sunday, October 4th- leave city commuter lot at 9:30am…… Leaf cruise with the Drifters, leave and return from Eagles Club, Rochester, $25/ car plus canned goods for local food shelf.
Cannon Cruisers’ Annual Big Cruise
The Cannon Cruisers’ annual Big Cruise drew more than 140 classic cars to Cannon Falls Friday evening (July 31). Participants enjoyed perfect weather for the Welch Valley cruise and spectators lined the route as the cars left town (particularly in the parks, downtown and around the Dairy Inn). The Cruise not only gives participants a chance to display their vehicles, it also serves as a fundraising event for the Cannon Falls Community Food Shelf. Watch this page for an update on funds and food raised during their year Cruise.
Cannon Cruisers Ride in 2015 Independence Day Parade
Cannon Cruisers Visit the “Candy Store”
On June 27th, the Cruisers put the rubber to the road, taking their “classics” out for a truly classic cruise – an approximately 150 miles round trip to Mankato, where club members toured Unique Specialty and Classic Cars (1000 South Victory Drive) and enjoyed dinner at the Wow Zone Family Entertainment Center (2030 Adams Street).
Thanks to Jay and Jeff for the tour. Clearly, if you are looking for a classic – and are not looking to undertake a frame-off restoration of your own – Unique Classics is worth a stop.
Just a few samples from their current inventory: a 1961 Chevrolet Corvair; 2009 Corvette z51; 1931 Essex Super Six; 1955 Packard Clipper; 1992 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am; 1924 Ford Model T; 1985 Porsche 928A. Unique buys, sells, trades, and consigns vehicles and also offers service, restoration, and detailing. Needless to say, club members were like kids in a candy shop. Following their visit, the touring group went to the Wow Zone Family Entertainment Center for dinner
It was a great day to get out on the road and visit the “car store.” The only hitch was a hiccup with our cruise leader’s GPS. Hey, with classic cars wouldn’t real maps be more appropriate anyway.
Back to the ’50s Weekend
Club members enjoyed the recent (June 19-21) Minnesota Street Rod Association “Back to the ‘50s Weekend” at the State Fair Grounds. The event was a great success, with nearly 12,000 participants registering their “classics.” Here you can see the Cannon Cruisers site, near the Horticulture Building.
Bob Bryan made is first trip to the BTT50’s – after 40 years in the process of restoring his 1934 Ford four-door. In the “It’s a small world” category, a previous owner of the car stopped by to talk with Bob after recognizing his long-gone vehicle.
For news of the Cruisers’ 2015 Spring Picnic, 39th Cruisers Highway Cleanup (and other stories), click here.